Terms and Conditions of Website and Services for Your Driver Medical
Last updated 10/10/2021
By using our website and services, you have read, understood and agree to these terms and conditions. We may change or update our terms and conditions – in doing so, it is your responsibility to check the date of any update when continuing to use our website and/or use our services and agree to them. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions you should discontinue use of this website and our services.
As a user of our website and/or services, you agree not to gather data or content or use any automated systems to extract data from our website or business without written permission.
- Who we are
- How you can contact us
- How we might contact you
- Our Agreement with you
- How to book our services
- How we allocate appointments
- How we confirm Appointments
- What we will provide (our obligations)
- Your obligations
- Form checking service
- Limitation of liability
- Cancellation of agreement
- Rescheduling appointments
- Who we are; Your Driver Medical (hereafter referred to as “the company” or “us” or “we”) is a trading style of PK Mars Medical limited, Company registration number; 12709058. Registered Address 71-75 Shelton Street, London, Greater London, United Kingdom, WC2H 9JQ. The company is established to provide Medical assessments to professional drivers (hereafter referred to as “you” or “the customer”) who book appointments via our booking platforms, or by telephone.
- How you can contact us; We can be contacted by telephone at 0330 122 8459, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at the same email address by clicking on the “contact us” link on our website at www.yourdrivermedical.co.uk. These methods are regarded as formal routes of contact. Other communications via social media accounts which we may establish from time to time at our discretion may provide alternative means of contact via instant messaging or posting but we do not regard these as definitive and will not be accountable for any failure of communications sent via these means. Communications with us will be responded to initially either by autoresponder or by the person to whom the communication is addressed; communication of any kind will only be regarded as proven to be received when a suitable acknowledgement has been received from us by the sender.
- How we might contact you; The company will collect a postal address, phone number and an email address from you for the purposes of communication. We will usually communicate by email and will only communicate matters related to your appointment or the outcome unless otherwise agreed. Telephone communication will be reserved for urgent matters only. We will not normally send you anything by post unless this is absolutely necessary or at your explicit request.
- Our agreement with you; An agreement to provide services is instituted from the completion of payment via one of our booking platforms or by telephone. When cleared payment has been received and a confirmation email has been issued from us to you, your appointment booking is regarded as complete and binding. Once completed the booking entitles you to; a) The attendance of one of our panel of GMC (General Medical Council) registered doctors at the time and place specified in the booking to complete your driver medical as follows; b) The doctor will review the form you require to be completed and assess you in accordance with the requirements of the form. He or she will then enter findings from examination into the appropriate parts of the form and provide a signature and official stamp to verify completion by a registered medical practitioner. c) The doctor will check completion of the form and hand the form back to you. The doctor may also scan the form and provide a copy to head office with your agreement, which is implied by your acceptance of the form checking service at the booking stage. For details of the terms and conditions of the form checking service, see section 10 of these terms and conditions. d) The doctor will give you an opportunity to check that the form is completed to your satisfaction.
Timing of appointments will, where possible, be adhered to but clinics may run late due to complex patients attending before you, or to other matters beyond our control. We are not liable for any impact on other appointments or commitments which may be affected by late running clinics, or for any financial, material or personal consequences arising from clinic delays. We advise you not to arrange any other appointments around the time of your medical in case of any delays described.
The doctor allocated to your clinic is allocated on an availability basis. We cannot commit to provide a female or male doctor at the request of the customer.
- How to book our services; Our services can be booked via our website at www.yourdrivermedical.co.uk, or by telephoning our office on 03301228459. When booking by website there are several forms which must be completed in full for the booking to be valid. If booking by telephone the operator will ask you the same questions as are asked on the website forms. We may make available booking via social media outlets from time to time at our discretion. Regardless of the platform or format via which a booking is made, no booking shall be considered complete and binding until payment for the booking has been received in cleared funds and an acknowledgement has been sent to you by us. Payment by electronic means only is accepted except by explicit arrangement with our staff. Payment on the day of the appointment is not accepted under any circumstances and no appointment will be completed until funds are cleared.
- How we allocate appointments; Appointments are allocated according to the time and date selected in the booking process by the customer. In the unlikely event that simultaneous bookings should be taken for the same appointment by telephone and internet platforms, priority will be given to that appointment booked on the internet and the customer booking by telephone will be re-contacted to offer the nearest available alternative slot. Bookings through social media platforms will be given similar priority in the following order: Website, social media, telephone. Where we are unable to offer a suitable appointment in the above circumstances, full refund will be given.
- How we confirm appointments; Appointments booked by any means are confirmed by email unless we have specifically agreed an alternate method of confirmation. No appointment can be regarded as confirmed until payment has cleared and an acknowledgement email is received.
- What we will provide (our obligations); Once an appointment is confirmed by cleared payment and acknowledgement email, we are obliged to provide the following: a) The attendance of a doctor registered with the GMC (General Medical Council) with a full license to practice and suitable indemnity insurance in place, as confirmed during the process of recruitment to our panel of doctors. b) An honest and true medical assessment according to the requirements of the form presented by you to our doctor. We will provide an official company stamp and the doctors signature, or where a form cannot be completed for medical reasons, we will provide an explanation as to why and suggest any action you need to take to correct the problem. c) Where you have opted to take advantage of our form-checking service, we will also provide the service detailed in section 10 of these terms and conditions. d) We will provide an eye test in the form of an acuity test using a Snellen chart. On occasion the results of the vision test will mean that we cannot complete the visual assessment. Under these circumstances we will advise you that you will need to attend an appointment with an optician in case you need a prescription for glasses. We are not liable for the cost of this appointment.
Our doctors have a duty, as a function of their professional registration, to provide a fair and honest representation of their findings on your medical forms.
- Your obligations; By completing the booking of an appointment you agree to the following: a) The booking of an appointment, defined as the payment of the fee after completion of the forms, is taken to mean your acceptance of these terms and conditions. You should not book an appointment if items within these terms and conditions are not acceptable to you. b) As part of the booking process, within our FAQ section and in our acknowledgement emails, we will advise you of some items to bring to your appointment. It is your responsibility to bring these items with you and ensure that they are serviceable and appropriate for use. We will be unable to refund the fee for an appointment which cannot be completed due to your failure to bring essential items. c) It is your responsibility to ensure that the forms you bring with you are complete and appropriate for the medical which you have applied for. We cannot refund you or provide a further appointment if you fail to attend with the proper paperwork. Some of our doctors may carry spare DVLA forms but they are not required to do this. d) It is your responsibility to ensure that there is sufficient time to allow for processing of your forms by the agency to which they are sent. We are not liable for late processing, or processing delays which lead to a delay in the completion of your recruitment, employment or licensing process. e) It is your responsibility to arrive for your appointment in a timely fashion. Where you are unavoidably delayed, our doctors will always try to accommodate you if possible, however we cannot refund or give alternative appointments where a customer has failed to arrive on time and the doctor is unable to accommodate. f) It is your responsibility to ensure that completion of your forms by a private organisation other than your own GP is acceptable to the issuing authority. We cannot accept liability where an authority rejects a form on the basis that they require completion by the registered GP. It is not our responsibility to check this. g) Where you are asked to provide a GP summary, it is your responsibility to obtain this and pay any fee your GP may care to charge. h) We try to use venues with free parking, but this is not always possible and there are often parking controls in place. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have made appropriate arrangements for your parking. We will not accept responsibility for parking fees, fines or other material or financial costs incurred. i) It is your responsibility to ensure that the answers given to our doctor are true to the best of your knowledge. You will be liable for the consequences of any information withheld or misrepresented. J) We do not accept abuse of our panel doctors or staff in any form and will aid our staff in the prosecution as allowed by law of anyone who commits such an act. Our doctors are authorised to immediately end the appointment of anyone who becomes aggressive, rude or offensive. k) By booking an appointment and therefore indicating your acceptance of these terms and conditions, you agree that our doctor will report only truthful and accurate findings from your appointment. Any attempt to induce the doctor to give false information will immediately end your appointment, invalidate the stamp and signature provided by our doctor and forfeit your appointment fee. We will be duty bound to report any such matters to the relevant authority.
- Form checking service; If you accept the form checking service; a) You must provide an electronic scan of your completed form and email it to our head office at email@example.com. It will then be checked for accuracy by a member of our head office team. The team will then notify you that the form has been double-checked and is suitable to send. b) If your form has completion errors we will contact the doctor who completed it and arrange for the errors to be corrected, before forwarding electronically the corrected form to you for you to send on to the issuing authority. c) If we find errors in completion that will require another appointment, you will be booked into the next available clinic, free of charge, for re-completion of the form. d) Should a form that has been checked by our form checking service be returned for an error in completion, we will refund your fee and correct the error. Refunds are only available where we have checked the form under our form checking service and missed an error which leads to form return. We will not be held responsible or liable for any consequential loss and only a refund of your appointment will be offered.
We cannot refund for medicals that have exposed clinical findings which lead to the refusal of your license application, the refunds available under this service are only for errors made in completion of the form by our doctor.
- Limitation of liability; Within the limitations of the applicable law, we cannot accept liability for any costs incurred by use of our service or any errors or omissions. We are not liable for financial, personal or material costs incurred due to any error or omission, wherein our liability is limited to the amount paid by you to us for the use of our service.
- Cancellation of this agreement; You may cancel this agreement up to a minimum of 48 hours prior to the clinic date and expect a refund. Cancellation within 48 hours of the clinic date will not be refunded and any further appointment will be charged at the full price. Should you be unwell or otherwise unable to attend due to circumstances beyond your control within the 48 hours prior to your appointment then we may, at our absolute discretion, offer a further appointment at no cost. We reserve the right to request evidence of the circumstances leading to cancellation.
We may cancel this agreement at any time should operational constraints mean that we are unable to provide a doctor for the appointment. Should this occur you will be entitled to a full refund, or to reschedule your appointment to a later clinic at no cost to yourself. We will not be liable for any personal, material or financial costs incurred by such cancellation (see limitation of liability at section 11 of these terms and conditions).
- Rescheduling appointments. If you need to reschedule your appointment with more than 48 hours` notice, then we will try our best to accommodate you in one of our upcoming scheduled clinics. If we cannot accommodate you then we will give you a full refund. Requests to reschedule within 48 hours of the clinic time will be regarded as a cancellation and the terms in section 12 of these terms and conditions will apply.